The General Election

Discuss anything and everything.
wolfmedown

The General Election

Post by wolfmedown » Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:50 pm

You'll say this forum isn't the place for politics, but as there's a General Election in a couple of days, thought I'd ask the question & give my opinion.

Surely if you love the Roses and what they've stood for, then you'll do the right thing for jobs, security, NHS, schools and ordinary working people in general and vote Labour on Thursday.

Not voting doesn't count. That just means you're supporting Theresa May. As the song goes, "SUBMISSION ENDS IT ALL".

Get out and tick a box and maybe we can make life a bit better.

Peace.x

thomas

Re: You're not a real Roses fan if you vote Tory

Post by thomas » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:48 pm

Really disappointed to see this on the forum.
Vote for whoever you want.
Glesga '13
Council house stadium '16

Awful One

Post by Awful One » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:58 pm

I guess Reni is possibly a Tory, now, especially if he did invest in property and become a landlord, which I had heard a while ago. This ain't 89 anymore, unfortunately, people do change.

The other three are probably Labour in purpose, and probably like Corbyn Much more than Blair , but probably can't be arsed to get out of bed and go and vote.

Anyhow, I am voting Labour, good to see the polls getting closer and folk realising that they don't 'have to take this crap' unfortunately I think it's too little too late....and Diane Abbott is a big minus.

paul
Site Admin

Post by paul » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:08 pm

thomas wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:48 pm
Really disappointed to see this on the forum.
Vote for whoever you want.
Yeah, I couldn't ever bring myself to vote Tory but in its original form, this thread wasn't quite how it should be.

Hampden In June

Re: The General Election

Post by Hampden In June » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:23 am

I will Vote SNP

mushroom haircut

Post by mushroom haircut » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:33 am

I wish that this thread didn't have to exist. I wish that there was no Brexit and therefore no election, while we're at it no terrorism in the world and some actual Rosy News.

Mcc

Post by Mcc » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:38 am

Every other forum I frequent has a politics forum. And it's probably a good thing due to the fact that it gets people talking about it. The problem usually comes when differing factions lead to it's descent into mud slinging.

I can't, can't, can't vote tory. And whilst I like the cut of Corbyn's jib, I can't vote for them given Scottish Labours utter madness. SNP will get my vote, as I really believe they try their best for Scotland. More than ever, and certainly over the past 5-10 years, it's become apparent that Scotland is not really taken notice of, and the groundswell and youth in Scotland are very different to the ruling classes in England and Wales. Some of the best Westminster stuff (for me) of late has been seeing the SNP MPs tearing new arseholes for the Tories - but unfortunately nothing changes.

It's interesting that the Tory supporters have seemingly embraced their party's movement back to the right whilst Labour's move back to the left has tore the party and their supporters apart. UK labour are handling and coming out of the mess perhaps just at the right time, whereas ScotLab still don't have a clue what day of the week it is.

Politics is an ever evolving subject. It can change in a day, an hour, with a poorly answered question over the spaces of a few seconds. Even this week, just before an election people's mind can be changed as real events bear out what a party/politician has done. Look at QT last week when Corbyn looked to be storming the BBC 'debate' only for him to fall over on the Trident issue. Or the nurse who made it clear to May that sh'ed had a real term cut in her wages since 2009 because there wasn't a 'magic money tree'.

made of scone

Post by made of scone » Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:13 pm

Already voted labour by post. Though I live in one of the safest Tory seats in the entire country so my vote will unfortunately mean jack shit.

I stand with you Scots voting SNP; I think I'd probably do the same if I were in your situation.

thomas

Post by thomas » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:39 am

I voted labour, possibly against my better judgement. Doesn't mean a lot since I'm in one of the safest labour seats in the country. I have little confidence in corbyn though. He's promised far too much in a desperate bid for votes. I can see him shaking up the political establishment about as much as i can see the roses doing an in depth Q&A via reddit. He'll hold back the tory vultures from the NHS for a while though and that's all I'm after for now.
Glesga '13
Council house stadium '16