Chinatown

All other music. New and well established bands/artists.
Hampden In June

Re: Chinatown

Post by Hampden In June » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:09 am

I love the yoga lyric, fucking class!!!

I thought wall of glass was a bit beady eye, did not get the hype over it and I was lucky to get tickets but not overly excited about it. Having said that the concert I saw was excellent and he does have a fair few tunes to come. Paper crown sounds nice. Exciting times for our kid. Liam Gallagher is a true legend, a complete one off. I can understand Noel being happy with his solo career but he really should think about giving Liam another chance, he really wants it and as we have all seen with the roses, waiting too long is not such a good idea. Strike while the iron is hot, I think after their solo albums is the time to begin work on an oasis reunion even if it is just a one off, a new album would probably be one of their best

Andy_B9.53

Post by Andy_B9.53 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:37 am

Hampden In June wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:09 am

I thought wall of glass was a bit beady eye, did not get the hype over it and I was lucky to get tickets but not overly excited about it. Having said that the concert I saw was excellent and he does have a fair few tunes to come. Paper crown sounds nice. Exciting times for our kid. Liam Gallagher is a true legend, a complete one off. I can understand Noel being happy with his solo career but he really should think about giving Liam another chance, he really wants it and as we have all seen with the roses, waiting too long is not such a good idea. Strike while the iron is hot, I think after their solo albums is the time to begin work on an oasis reunion even if it is just a one off, a new album would probably be one of their best
I agree with what your saying. I like his voice, the song's not too bad in my opinion. Lyrics are a bit dodge perhaps, but he gets way with it, for me.
I completely ignored Beady Eye more or less, but what I've heard so far from him this time, seem's decent, his voice in particular.
I'd take a reunion, easy. It didn't bother me for years, because I'd seen them a good few times, but as you said, it would be wiser to get the ball rolling sooner rather than later.

Hampden In June

Post by Hampden In June » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:11 pm

Liam has done a really good cover of bob Marley, natural mystic 8-)

Hampden In June

Post by Hampden In June » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:17 pm

Andy_B9.53 wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:37 am
Hampden In June wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:09 am

I agree with what your saying. I like his voice, the song's not too bad in my opinion. Lyrics are a bit dodge perhaps, but he gets way with it, for me.
I completely ignored Beady Eye more or less, but what I've heard so far from him this time, seem's decent, his voice in particular.
I'd take a reunion, easy. It didn't bother me for years, because I'd seen them a good few times, but as you said, it would be wiser to get the ball rolling sooner rather than later.
I saw Beady Eye once and to be honest wasn’t great. I went over their stuff again recently and they did have some decent tunes, mostly written by Liam tbh. Seen oasis a few times, best would be in 96, as they gradually got less exciting and tickets were very easy to pick up towards the end. Reunion gigs would now be massive but I really hope they make a great album for it because now we know thy are capable of it. The longer they leave it the less interested I’ll be in it, and with Liam At Finsbury Park, im more interested in hearing his solo stuff

Billson

Post by Billson » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:46 pm

Interesting that according to the album credits this is 1 of 2 songs where Liam had no input… I thought for sure that those lyrics would have been his.

Would have thought professional producers/songwriters would have come up with something better. Decent song musically though!