Chinatown

All other music. New and well established bands/artists.
squiresguitar

Chinatown

Post by squiresguitar » Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:06 am

What's everyone's opinion on LGs second single, Chinatown?
It was leaked on a page a few hours before it's release and I've got to say it's not as good as the other new tunes he's done live this year.

lazyitus

Re: Chinatown

Post by lazyitus » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:53 am

I think it's surprisingly good. Really looking forward to seeing him later this year.

Rich

Post by Rich » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:59 am

Just gave it a first listen, and think it will sit well on the album. Not sure about it as a single though. Wall of Glass was more in your face, and a great comeback. I haven't heard any other new songs as I am waiting for the album versions, rather than live performances on youtube.

So far though, he has run a textbook campaign and he is receiving plenty of plaudits, not least because his voice is sounding better than I ever thought it could. Been a pleasant surprise for me.

Hampden In June

Post by Hampden In June » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:41 am

I quite like it, sounds better with every listen

squiresguitar

Post by squiresguitar » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:53 pm

Hampden In June wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:41 am
I quite like it, sounds better with every listen
Didn't really like it at first but I've got to admit its growing on me slowly.

squiresguitar

Post by squiresguitar » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:56 pm

Rich wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:59 am
Just gave it a first listen, and think it will sit well on the album. Not sure about it as a single though. Wall of Glass was more in your face, and a great comeback. I haven't heard any other new songs as I am waiting for the album versions, rather than live performances on youtube.

So far though, he has run a textbook campaign and he is receiving plenty of plaudits, not least because his voice is sounding better than I ever thought it could. Been a pleasant surprise for me.
My favourite one he's performed so far live is Bold. There's a high quality version of it live on Youtube, which is good as it takes away that 'live sound'. On one of his fb vids there was a teaser for the studio version of Greedy Soul which sounded good. I am really looking forward to his album, it's a shame Beady Eye didn't work out for him but I can sense things going better for him this time. No doubt the media will create a war of the albums though, with Noel's release date being around the same time :roll:

windsofthewest

Post by windsofthewest » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:22 am

I too am avoiding listening to tracks before they're officially released, so I've only heard WOG (not the best acronym) and Chinatown. Immediately liked the first. On Chinatown's first listen I was a bit put off simply because it wasn't what I was expecting - replayed it immediately and I quite like it - definitely has merit.

Side note, I'm not sure why the video has lyrics running across the bottom. The lyrics are fine - they suit the purpose but they're possibly not strong enough to showcase like that?

made of scone

Post by made of scone » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:38 pm

The lyrics are fucking shocking, definitely a strange choice to highlight them.

Screamadelica

Post by Screamadelica » Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:12 pm

I'm hugely impressed by Liam's solo comeback - far more so than I'd expected to be.

WBM

Post by WBM » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:01 pm

made of scone wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:38 pm
The lyrics are fucking shocking, definitely a strange choice to highlight them.
"Well the cops are taking over
While everyone's in yoga"

:? not the best like.