Next Gig you're going to...

All other music. New and well established bands/artists.
drnickriviera

Re: Next Gig you're going to...

Post by drnickriviera » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:42 am

Not really a gig, but the Nick Drake gathering in a few weeks. A weekend of great music.

lazyitus

Post by lazyitus » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:37 pm

I just moved to Denver Colorado from a fairly small city in Texas. I'm so excited about all the music here, in addition to the amazing views, hiking, zoo, museums, and craft beer breweries.

I got tickets for Slowdive here in November at a 1600 person venue and now I'm seriously thinking about seeing Liam Gallagher too. He's playing a tiny old theater, 1100 capacity. Small, tight shows is where it is at in my opinion. Considering I only ever saw Oasis the one time at Coachella and I was way at the back, this might be a fun way to see him. Oasis was my main band in the mid 90s before I discovered the stone roses, so this would certainly satisfy some 90s nostalgia craving for me. Never got into beady eye though.

Hampden In June

Post by Hampden In June » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:44 am

Radiohead in Glasgow, well it's the TRNSMT thing but Radiohead is main band. Just listening to all their stuff now, because didn't know much of it other than creep, and the bends, and the king of the limbs albums. Ok computer sounds like a great album, heard some of it before but didn't appreciate it as much as I should have.

WBM

Post by WBM » Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:17 pm

Saw Smoove & Turrell and Heaven 17 at Chilli Fest last weekend. The next is James supported by Peter Hook & The Light at the end of July.

RCA

Post by RCA » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:42 am

I went to see Radiohead in Manchester at the Old Trafford Cricket Ground last night and my mind was well and truly blown. It's the first time I've seen them live, and I'll admit I'm more of a OK Computer & Greatest Hits kind of guy but even the stuff I didn't know I liked. That's definitely one off the bucket list ticked!

RCA

Post by RCA » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:49 am

Next gig is Ride at Manchester Ritz next week.

squiresguitar

Post by squiresguitar » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:47 pm

Hopefully I'll get a ticket for LGs tour next year in UK

lazyitus

Post by lazyitus » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:39 pm

Went to see M Ward a week ago. It was amazing. I mostly think of him as being acoustic and lo-fi but he was rocking at this show. The man can play guitar.

Slowdive's gig is coming up. I'm ready for some dreamy shoe gazing. I'm still amazed that I am getting the chance to see them.

WBM

Post by WBM » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:16 pm

Went to see The Fall last week. Mark E Smith clearly isn't well, played the whole gig in a wheel chair and one arm in a sling but it was fantastic. The best I've seen them for a number of years.

Liam Gallagher at the Newcastle arena on Wednesday next.

candy_floss_girl

Post by candy_floss_girl » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:53 pm

Saw Beck at the Electric Ballroom in London two weeks ago. It was a surprise gig, announced only three days earlier. The venue capacity was around 1,000. Amazing!

Got a ticket for the last day of All Point East Festival in London, next May. Father John Misty, Beck and Bjork headliners. Wasn't cheap, but lineups don't come much more solid than this :!: