Liam Gallagher's single

All other music. New and well established bands/artists.
brownie

Re: Liam Gallagher's single

Post by brownie » Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:12 pm

I thought he sounded great tonight on Live Forever. On the other songs though, not so great.

But I did think it was great that he performed at that concert.

Rich

Post by Rich » Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:16 am

Unfortunately he is spoiling it a bit by abusing Noel on Twitter now.

I agree with his assessment of Noel as a person, but there's no need to focus on him. Liam has a massive chip on his shoulder re: his big brother. Makes him look very bitter and jealous, whereas wishing him a happy birthday a few days ago made him look more humble and mature.

windsofthewest

Post by windsofthewest » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:27 pm

Rich wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:16 am
Unfortunately he is spoiling it a bit by abusing Noel on Twitter now.

I agree with his assessment of Noel as a person, but there's no need to focus on him. Liam has a massive chip on his shoulder re: his big brother. Makes him look very bitter and jealous, whereas wishing him a happy birthday a few days ago made him look more humble and mature.
Yep agreed - he was handling his PR well for a couple of weeks there but unfortunately he can't keep his mouth shut. I also can't believe how illiterate he is on Twitter - lazy or genuinely doesn't know grammar?

lazyitus

Post by lazyitus » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:20 pm

The song has grown on me. I kind of like it.
Looking forward to some more.

squiresguitar

Post by squiresguitar » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:51 pm

Rich wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:09 pm
squiresguitar wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:50 pm
I think his voice also sounds better live than it did a few years ago, or is it just me who thinks this?
I don't think he has sounded this good since the 90s.

As I said, he has matured and you can tell from his interviews that he regrets what he has done in recent years, and i think he appreciates everything a lot more now having hit rock bottom. That has resulted in a new attitude towards protecting his voice - read an interview where he says he has cut back on the cigs, and has been drinking some weird smoothies that help his throat.

And to fly in after a gig in Germany for the One Love show, and to sing Live Forever the way he did. What a guy. Love him.
I always preferred Liam out of the two, definitely seems a more genuine man to be around in recent years compared to when he was younger... whatever people think of the guy you cant deny he's lived his life to the max, the way he wanted to do it. Didn't let any tabloid stop his antics

Northern Guy

Post by Northern Guy » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:47 am

Liam's solo singles are pretty much flopping, aren't they? His two singles missed the UK top-20 and passed without notice everyone else on earth.

I just don't get these guys. Every time I hear a new Noel or Liam song, they sound exactly like every Oasis single from 1997 onwards. Don't they ever get bored of repeating themselves?

Regan 2.0

Post by Regan 2.0 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:08 am

Northern Guy wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:47 am
Liam's solo singles are pretty much flopping, aren't they? His two singles missed the UK top-20 and passed without notice everyone else on earth.

I just don't get these guys. Every time I hear a new Noel or Liam song, they sound exactly like every Oasis single from 1997 onwards. Don't they ever get bored of repeating themselves?
The top 20 in the UK has been completely meaningless for at least the last 15 years. The success of LG's return will be made clear when the solo album is out next month. From what I've seen people seem to be lapping it up at his gigs but the new tunes are just the same old shite. Then again, he has just announced a huge arena tour for the end of the year, so fair play to him.

Northern Guy

Post by Northern Guy » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:42 am

Regan 2.0 wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:08 am
Then again, he has just announced a huge arena tour for the end of the year, so fair play to him.
By the way, what does "arena tour" mean in the UK-context, in terms of seating capacity?

Regan 2.0

Post by Regan 2.0 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:51 am

Northern Guy wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:42 am
Regan 2.0 wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:08 am
Then again, he has just announced a huge arena tour for the end of the year, so fair play to him.
By the way, what does "arena tour" mean in the UK-context, in terms of seating capacity?
14000 to 18000

Even if the new album is half decent, I think Liam (or his promoter) is over estimating his appeal.

Northern Guy

Post by Northern Guy » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:28 am

Regan 2.0 wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:51 am
Even if the new album is half decent, I think Liam (or his promoter) is over estimating his appeal.
Yeah, that sounds a little optimistic.

If he struggles to sell tickets, look for the Oasis 1994-96 catalogue to start dominating the set-lists...