"Don't be sad it's over, be happy it happened"

Stone Roses Discussion
nebristolred

Re: "Don't be sad it's over, be happy it happened"

Post by nebristolred » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:00 pm

We criticise the band for a complete lack of communication. Thing is, reading the last few pages, it seems they can barely communicate with themselves. How on earth would they find the time and situation to agree on some sort of message, in whatever form it may be, to the fans? Sounds daft me saying it but it's true.

Reni is an amazing drummer. No doubt about it. But unfortunately, if we were to see the Roses live, him and Mani are the more 'easily replaceable' elements of the band imo, and seeing as Mani can get on well with pretty much anyone in any situation, I'd 100% see Ian/John/Mani with Si Wolstencroft (who also seems a top bloke) or someone else under some sort of Roses guise. If it means getting new and decent tunes, I'm 100% for it. Just not sure the band are, in both motivation and legally.

Also fair play to IB throughout all of this. For someone so prolific usually, and we know he does work quite a lot on his music, he must have had to be very patient for a long amount of time. He might be petulant/aggressive/whatever at times, but he clearly made an effort until recently to keep quiet or at least be amicable for the good of the band.

It is gutting seeing Reni so friggin happy up on stage, smashing the shit out of the drums, but knowing something isn't quite right there for whatever reason.

squiresguitar

Post by squiresguitar » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:04 pm

candy_floss_girl wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:26 pm
I don't know if there are more tracks, but if there are and they thought the best two to release for their comeback were AFO and BT, I'm not sure I want to hear the rest :roll:
i would out of sheer nosiness

Darth_Mullet

Post by Darth_Mullet » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:01 am

Had it not happened, and given his previous, I'd suggest we'd be sat here now with at least two, if not three new IB solo records... Claims of ninety new tunes, maybe I'm reading too much but is that a cryptic 9T reference..?

the cotton clouds

Post by the cotton clouds » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:38 pm

julio jordio wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:31 pm
ChickenDinner wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:38 pm
Remember this after Amsterdam??....posted on the LDW website. Starting to think the posts below were typed by the real Mani.

Maniscream June 13, 2012 at 03:50
What a totally unproffesional cunt !. He’s left me and ian and john hanging out to dry like we were never nowt to him. A bad error of judgement ?… I’m not sure. Oh, and by the way, yes ,it is me, and I’ll meet you on any red rec and kick your cunt in you fucking disrespectful cunt. How fucking dare you .this is mani your rhythm partner, ( remember me,the one who’s got your back you total cunt). I want to fucking kill you , knobhead. You treat me like this ?????. Dick

Maniscream June 13, 2012 at 03:58
Didnt mean it, knee jerk reaction was it ??????. I’ve never been so violated or humiliated in my fucking life. I’m ashamed to be associated with you, and I’ll say it on this forum, I’m front of the world, because I didnt even get an apology or explanation off you on my phone yet !!!! Who are you ?.. Fucking paranoid no mark…. How fucking dare you, and try me on live in the morning if you think this ain’t me… I’ve had your back since ’89… And this is how you repay me ??????. Im not sorry either.

BTW, top posting Julio, very interesting. Please share any more nuggets you might have. One question - looks like John and Ian are pretty tight again. They seem to be a lot closer than on other tours, is that right? What's next, Mani+Squire+Brown+ another drummer, Simon W?
To be honest mate I really don't know. I've never met Ian personally so never seen their interaction together. The fact that nothing's ever been said about the relationship between the other 3 suggests to me that it must be good or at least not bad. Now it seems to be over I might be inclined to ask a bit more.
Any more information from your contacts, Julio? Now that the dust has settled a bit on Roses activity?

ChickenDinner

Post by ChickenDinner » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:14 pm

the cotton clouds wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:38 pm

Any more information from your contacts, Julio? Now that the dust has settled a bit on Roses activity?
Seconded.

Any more snippets you'd care to share Julio?

Really enjoyed your posts from back in July.

Mr.Dellicious

Post by Mr.Dellicious » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:54 pm

As far as i can see here, the problems with Reni all point to addiction. Ian references it in 'Beautiful Thing' as well doesn't he? if you look into whats been said within this thread, it all points at him been a addict, i would bet on him being a smack head, 100%....any seen where he used to live before the reunion? Looks a right shit hole.

Scott 4

Post by Scott 4 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:10 pm

Didn't somebody close to the band say that Reni's knees were 'fucked' due to arthritis. and that he needed very strong painkillers to even get through a gig?

The smack rumours have been going on for years. Reni looked the youngest and most healthy at the reunion press conference though.
Roses myth is very similar to that of The Beatles or Stones. One person just says one thing (true, half true, or total bollocks) and it becomes part of urban legend (Mars Bars at Redlands, Jones was murdered, Paul is dead etc). Mind you (in the case of The Roses), if a band is so reluctant to have any sort of communication with the media or their fanbase, fanciful tales and bullshit will spread all over the place...

ChickenDinner

Post by ChickenDinner » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:56 pm

I think it was fairly common knowledge around Manchester, that Reni was on smack during the first incarnation.

Fairly sure he cleaned up his act long before they reformed though.

Not quite sure why Reni was allegedly such a twat during the reunion. It did seem that he was quite bitter about being dumped by Brown first time round though. I suppose it was inevitable it would all kick off between those two somewhere down the line. Maybe Reni got revenge on Brown’s plans for a new album by not showing up half the time.

rangers

Post by rangers » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:35 am

Reni took the cash and ran.
Last edited by rangers on Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

the cotton clouds

Post by the cotton clouds » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:48 am

Some really harsh comments on here about Reni. Smackhead, lived in a shithole....blah blah blah..What's this all based upon? Urban myths? There's no proof to suggest Reni is any of the above