"Don't be sad it's over, be happy it happened"

Stone Roses Discussion
candy_floss_girl

Re: "Don't be sad it's over, be happy it happened"

Post by candy_floss_girl » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:26 pm

I don't know if there are more tracks, but if there are and they thought the best two to release for their comeback were AFO and BT, I'm not sure I want to hear the rest :roll:

julio jordio

Post by julio jordio » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:31 pm

ChickenDinner wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:38 pm
Remember this after Amsterdam??....posted on the LDW website. Starting to think the posts below were typed by the real Mani.

Maniscream June 13, 2012 at 03:50
What a totally unproffesional cunt !. He’s left me and ian and john hanging out to dry like we were never nowt to him. A bad error of judgement ?… I’m not sure. Oh, and by the way, yes ,it is me, and I’ll meet you on any red rec and kick your cunt in you fucking disrespectful cunt. How fucking dare you .this is mani your rhythm partner, ( remember me,the one who’s got your back you total cunt). I want to fucking kill you , knobhead. You treat me like this ?????. Dick

Maniscream June 13, 2012 at 03:58
Didnt mean it, knee jerk reaction was it ??????. I’ve never been so violated or humiliated in my fucking life. I’m ashamed to be associated with you, and I’ll say it on this forum, I’m front of the world, because I didnt even get an apology or explanation off you on my phone yet !!!! Who are you ?.. Fucking paranoid no mark…. How fucking dare you, and try me on live in the morning if you think this ain’t me… I’ve had your back since ’89… And this is how you repay me ??????. Im not sorry either.

BTW, top posting Julio, very interesting. Please share any more nuggets you might have. One question - looks like John and Ian are pretty tight again. They seem to be a lot closer than on other tours, is that right? What's next, Mani+Squire+Brown+ another drummer, Simon W?
To be honest mate I really don't know. I've never met Ian personally so never seen their interaction together. The fact that nothing's ever been said about the relationship between the other 3 suggests to me that it must be good or at least not bad. Now it seems to be over I might be inclined to ask a bit more.

_Chimes_

Post by _Chimes_ » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:41 pm

Manimanc wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:31 am
Anyway fuck Ian Brown, fuck the stone roses and fuck man utd.
This year is all about Liam gallagher and man city ;)
Richard Ashcroft was pretty fucking good in Manchester last Friday, let me tell you.

A Verve reunion now please :idea:

chadd vinyl

Post by chadd vinyl » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:48 pm

I'd like to see a Brown/Squire/Mounfield combo with Inder and another drummer. Was always impressed with Ian's first solo drummer, Simon Moore?

Always thought the Amsterdam incident was OTT for a band famous for not doing encores.

Bobby_Saxophone_2.0

Post by Bobby_Saxophone_2.0 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:50 pm

_Chimes_ wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:41 pm
Manimanc wrote:
Richard Ashcroft was pretty fucking good in Manchester last Friday, let me tell you.

Better still, take up something: golf, pottery, mines running.

Bands and artists, meh.

Optimo75

Post by Optimo75 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:55 pm

That Mani rant must be legit, it has the same over-punctuation as all his (verified) posts on the scream forums.

even after Barcelona, Reni had fked off early doors and the others were baffled as to why he'd just legged it. The others came out to say hello and sign autographs and we're just like "erm he didn't fancy it" when asked if Reni would be out to sign stuff. But then he'd turn up in the hotel bar and be chatty with others.

Sorry to say I was only interested in seeing them in 2011/12 if Reni was there, and it was good/great. But everything since 2013- has been a waste of everyone's time.

_Chimes_

Post by _Chimes_ » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:01 pm

Bobby_Saxophone_2.0 wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:50 pm
_Chimes_ wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:41 pm
Manimanc wrote:

Better still, take up something: golf, pottery, mines running.

Bands and artists, meh.
Still the forum mood hoover I see.

Bobby_Saxophone_2.0

Post by Bobby_Saxophone_2.0 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:03 pm

Just offering alternatives.

_Chimes_

Post by _Chimes_ » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:15 pm

Bobby_Saxophone_2.0 wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:03 pm
Just offering alternatives.
So am I, haha

chadd vinyl

Post by chadd vinyl » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:34 pm

Optimo75 wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:55 pm
That Mani rant must be legit, it has the same over-punctuation as all his (verified) posts on the scream forums.

even after Barcelona, Reni had fked off early doors and the others were baffled as to why he'd just legged it. The others came out to say hello and sign autographs and we're just like "erm he didn't fancy it" when asked if Reni would be out to sign stuff. But then he'd turn up in the hotel bar and be chatty with others.

Sorry to say I was only interested in seeing them in 2011/12 if Reni was there, and it was good/great. But everything since 2013- has been a waste of everyone's time.
Sure Reni exited Warrington soon as they finished. Wouldn't be surprised if he'd went straight for a sports massage, daft as it sounds!
If the Mani rant is true, there must be a lot more to the incident.