IBEX

Re: Live Recordings Archive

Post by IBEX » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:06 pm

star wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:58 pm
IBEX wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:32 pm
Hi folks,
There are plenty of vinyl bootlegs of pre reunion gigs but I’m interested in getting hold or a post reunion gig bootleg on vinyl. Does anybody know if such a thing exists? I’ve tried searching the net, discogs etc but without any luck.
cheers
I wouldn't bother. I know it seems like you are a collector of that stuff, but the reunion shows on vinyl? I think there isn't any demand for that - and if there is, very slim.

Also, I wouldn't imagine it would sound better just because it would be on vinyl since that recording was originally recorded off a digital recorder (99.9% of them likely were recorded digitally I assume).
I appreciate that the demand isn’t going to be massive but I’m guessing someone only need to produce and sell a couple of hundred copies or so to cover themselves. I would have thought if someone released say, Heaton Park on vinyl there would be enough of a demand from the people who were there over the three nights who also collect vinyl to sell a few hundred copies. Dunno, maybe I’m way off!