Stone Roses Discussion
Hampden In June

Re: When Did You Know It Was Very Likely To Be 'Over'

Post by Hampden In June » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:40 pm

Manimanc wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:48 pm
Bobby_Saxophone_2.0 wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:17 pm
The one thing I would say is this, John (let's face it, the heart of the band) said in 2013 that it would take "5 years" for an album to surface which would take us to next year. Could this most secretive of bands throw up one of the most unlikely releases yet? I'm not waiting in suspense by any means anymore, just waiting for that time to pass before I completely draw a line under it. What's there to lose, it's not like any of them or going to come out next year with another statement saying - "give us another 5 years, peeps". I also think they've completely exhausted the nostalgia tour (surely to fuck!), if there is a future for the band.
I take my hat of to you pal I really do. I admire your optimism and it's something word for word I'd say believe me BUT I think we have to let this ship sail now.
Tell you what if they do drop an album next year I'll get a utd tattoo, buy a utd season ticket and become a full utd kit wanker for 12 months and I hate utd with a passion.
The clock is ticking my friend.
You would secretly love it if you got the chance to wear a United shirt, and buy a season ticket to see the 2017/18 champs ;)

What United tattoo will you go for? :)

nebristolred

Post by nebristolred » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:22 am

The mental thing with this band is that all of the rumours could have been true, or at least semi-true, but with the make-up of the band they were unfeasible. It could well have been that the band did plan to record in Jan/Feb/March, but one of them bailed or one of them maybe didn't even bloody know. It's so difficult for rumours to be verified when not even the band are on the same wave length.

Bobby_Saxophone_2.0

Post by Bobby_Saxophone_2.0 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:26 am

Manimanc wrote:
The one thing I would say is this, John (let's face it, the heart of the band) said in 2013 that it would take "5 years" for an album to surface which would take us to next year. Could this most secretive of bands throw up one of the most unlikely releases yet? I'm not waiting in suspense by any means anymore, just waiting for that time to pass before I completely draw a line under it. What's there to lose, it's not like any of them or going to come out next year with another statement saying - "give us another 5 years, peeps". I also think they've completely exhausted the nostalgia tour (surely to fuck!), if there is a future for the band.
I take my hat of to you pal I really do. I admire your optimism and it's something word for word I'd say believe me BUT I think we have to let this ship sail now.
Tell you what if they do drop an album next year I'll get a utd tattoo, buy a utd season ticket and become a full utd kit wanker for 12 months and I hate utd with a passion.
They've been my favourite band by far for 17 years, I'm not going to throw that all away because things didn't quite pan out how I wanted. They have gone down in my estimation a bit and I'm not holding my breath for something else but they've given me too much joy in my life to just throw them in the bin.

Bobby_Saxophone_2.0

Post by Bobby_Saxophone_2.0 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:26 am

Manimanc wrote:
They've been my favourite band by far for 17 years, I'm not going to throw that all away because things didn't quite pan out how I wanted. They have gone down in my estimation a bit and I'm not holding my breath for something else but they've given me too much joy in my life to just throw them in the bin.

Manimanc

Post by Manimanc » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:20 am

Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:26 am
Manimanc wrote:
Mate I've been a fan since 89 and they are part of my DNA and I want to hang on to any hope I can but I think that we've seen the last of the band known as the stone roses . Unless something miraculous happens and they give it another go I just can't see anything coming. They had from 2011 to this year to get an album out and didn't. My hope has kind of dwindled.

Manimanc

Post by Manimanc » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:22 am

Hampden In June wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:40 pm
Manimanc wrote:
You would secretly love it if you got the chance to wear a United shirt, and buy a season ticket to see the 2017/18 champs ;)

💰💲the United way💲💰all regions
Last edited by Manimanc on Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Manimanc

Post by Manimanc » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:22 am

Manimanc wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:22 am
Hampden In June wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:40 pm
Manimanc wrote:

💰💲the United way💲💰
Last edited by Manimanc on Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

thewiseman

Post by thewiseman » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:31 am

They'll be back every so often. 2019: 30th anniversary tour, etc. Probably reissue the album again - it's been 8 years now :o

Once you get accustomed to a certain level of income it's hard to go back, and this isn't a band who can sit back and rely on recording royalties.

eviltimeban

Post by eviltimeban » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:05 am

When Ian announces a solo album. Until then, it's not really over.

Bobby_Saxophone_2.0

Post by Bobby_Saxophone_2.0 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:48 pm

eviltimeban wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:05 am
When Ian announces a solo album. Until then, it's not really over.
Maybe it'll never be over, new members will come and go under The Stone Roses name and it will last for eternity 😨