'Growing out' of the Roses

Stone Roses Discussion
Awful One
Posts: 118
Joined: Mon May 15, 2017 11:43 am

Re: 'Growing out' of the Roses

Post by Awful One » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:09 pm

Wonder if that bloke in the movie Made Of Stone has finally started wearing a tie and stopped brushing his (lacking) hair forward.

Even Liam gallagher seems to have calmed down about them recently. He was interviewed last week after winning a Q award (or something) and they asked him who is influences were as a front man, and he talked at lenght about Richard Ashcroft, and just briefly mentioned Ian Brown, saying that he HAD loved the Roses when he was growing up.

Lovepedals
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu May 25, 2017 12:34 am

Re: 'Growing out' of the Roses

Post by Lovepedals » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:10 pm

the cotton clouds wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:48 pm
Lovepedals wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:24 pm
I bet you a million pounds no one would be "growing out" of them if they even released a semi decent album. If they actually gave a flying fuck and told everyone what's going on, or what happened. Some kind of explanation for the shit show it all became. It's their fault. I don't even know if they deserved all the cash they made from the gigs. It all just seemed unrehearsed, sporadic, and such a let down!

"shake up the world"....my arse!

I know my posts all lean towards the negative, but that's just how I feel :cry:
To be fair the band played better than expected on the live front, especially in 2012-3, sharp as a razor.
Beating a dead, maggot infested horse here but Ian's vocals were definitely NOT sharp as a razor!

the cotton clouds
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:12 am

Re: 'Growing out' of the Roses

Post by the cotton clouds » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:05 pm

Lovepedals wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:10 pm
the cotton clouds wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:48 pm
Lovepedals wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:24 pm
I bet you a million pounds no one would be "growing out" of them if they even released a semi decent album. If they actually gave a flying fuck and told everyone what's going on, or what happened. Some kind of explanation for the shit show it all became. It's their fault. I don't even know if they deserved all the cash they made from the gigs. It all just seemed unrehearsed, sporadic, and such a let down!

"shake up the world"....my arse!

I know my posts all lean towards the negative, but that's just how I feel :cry:
To be fair the band played better than expected on the live front, especially in 2012-3, sharp as a razor.
Beating a dead, maggot infested horse here but Ian's vocals were definitely NOT sharp as a razor!
2012 reviews - read them - Brownie was getting plenty of compliments

Lovepedals
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu May 25, 2017 12:34 am

Re: 'Growing out' of the Roses

Post by Lovepedals » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:44 pm

the cotton clouds wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:05 pm
Lovepedals wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:10 pm
the cotton clouds wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:48 pm


To be fair the band played better than expected on the live front, especially in 2012-3, sharp as a razor.
Beating a dead, maggot infested horse here but Ian's vocals were definitely NOT sharp as a razor!
2012 reviews - read them - Brownie was getting plenty of compliments
I trust my ears. thanks though :lol:

Lovepedals
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu May 25, 2017 12:34 am

Re: 'Growing out' of the Roses

Post by Lovepedals » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:48 pm


rigano
Posts: 51
Joined: Tue May 16, 2017 6:18 am

Re: 'Growing out' of the Roses

Post by rigano » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:21 pm

Awful One wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:09 pm
Wonder if that bloke in the movie Made Of Stone has finally started wearing a tie and stopped brushing his (lacking) hair forward.

Even Liam gallagher seems to have calmed down about them recently. He was interviewed last week after winning a Q award (or something) and they asked him who is influences were as a front man, and he talked at lenght about Richard Ashcroft, and just briefly mentioned Ian Brown, saying that he HAD loved the Roses when he was growing up.
Oh come on lad, Richard ashcroft presented him with the award and he name checked the roses. Only a clown like you could take it as a negative.

paul
Site Admin
Posts: 89
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 10:27 am

Re: 'Growing out' of the Roses

Post by paul » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:55 am

the cotton clouds wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:46 pm
paul wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:31 pm
I disagree, you have to dig a little deeper but it's still out there. I've had a fantastic year watching loads of up and coming bands filling up smaller venues. I've got 25+ bands that's I'm genuinely excited for their next release. It's a good job the Roses are no longer an option, I'm not sure I could find the time for them!!
Go on then give us a few names to look out for then, Paul.
Well music is all about personal taste but here's some of the bands I'm excited about:

King Nun, Deap Vally, Dream Wife, Swimming Tapes, Inheaven, Black Honey, Estrons, Boy Azooga, Fazerdaze, JAWS, The Van T's, Skinshape, VANT (splitting), Sit Down, Guantanamo Baywatch, Flyying Colours, Altameda, Bad Sounds, Anteros, Eat Fast, Rascalton, Heavy Rapids, Bloody Knees, Cosmic Strip, The Cosmics, ISLAND, Hazel English, Johnny Lloyd, The Lappells, The Shimmer Band, Kid Wave, Leif Erikson.

Loadsa different styles in there, hopefully there's at least one you can sink your teeth into!!

paul
Site Admin
Posts: 89
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 10:27 am

Re: 'Growing out' of the Roses

Post by paul » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:06 am

Check out;

King Nun 'Tulip'
Deap Vally 'Royal Jelly'
Dream Wife 'Hey Heartbreaker'
Swimming Tapes 'Tides' & 'The Fire'
Inheaven 'Baby's Alright' & 'Treats'
Black Honey 'Corrine' & 'Spinning Wheel'
Estrons 'Drop' & 'Strobe Lights'
Boy Azooga
The Parrots 'Let's Do It Again'
Fazerdaze 'Lucky Girl'
JAWS 'Right In Front Of Me'
The Van T's 'Blood Orange'
Skinshape 'Summer'
VANT (splitting) 'The Answer' & 'Fly-By Alien'
Sit Down
Guantanamo Baywatch
Flyying Colours 'Tomorrow'
Altameda
Bad Sounds 'Wages' & 'Avalanche'
Anteros 'Drunk' & 'Breakfast'
Eat Fast
Rascalton 'This Is It'
Heavy Rapids 'Rascal Capsule'
Bloody Knees
Cosmic Strip
The Cosmics
ISLAND 'Spotless Mind'
Hazel English 'Never Going Home'
Johnny Lloyd
The Lappells
The Shimmer Band 'Sunkick' & 'Shoot You (Baby)
Kid Wave 'Honey'
Leif Erikson 'Real Life'

Bobby_Saxophone_2.0
Posts: 135
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:58 pm

Re: 'Growing out' of the Roses

Post by Bobby_Saxophone_2.0 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:45 am

paul wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:06 am
Check out;

King Nun 'Tulip'
Deap Vally 'Royal Jelly'
Dream Wife 'Hey Heartbreaker'
Swimming Tapes 'Tides' & 'The Fire'
Inheaven 'Baby's Alright' & 'Treats'
Black Honey 'Corrine' & 'Spinning Wheel'
Estrons 'Drop' & 'Strobe Lights'
Boy Azooga
The Parrots 'Let's Do It Again'
Fazerdaze 'Lucky Girl'
JAWS 'Right In Front Of Me'
The Van T's 'Blood Orange'
Skinshape 'Summer'
VANT (splitting) 'The Answer' & 'Fly-By Alien'
Sit Down
Guantanamo Baywatch
Flyying Colours 'Tomorrow'
Altameda
Bad Sounds 'Wages' & 'Avalanche'
Anteros 'Drunk' & 'Breakfast'
Eat Fast
Rascalton 'This Is It'
Heavy Rapids 'Rascal Capsule'
Bloody Knees
Cosmic Strip
The Cosmics
ISLAND 'Spotless Mind'
Hazel English 'Never Going Home'
Johnny Lloyd
The Lappells
The Shimmer Band 'Sunkick' & 'Shoot You (Baby)
Kid Wave 'Honey'
Leif Erikson 'Real Life'
But are they saying anything....?

rangers
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:22 pm

Re: 'Growing out' of the Roses

Post by rangers » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:03 am

Bobby_Saxophone_2.0 wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:37 pm
Maybe a bit of a funny topic as people who look at this site will be fans but was looking for people's thoughts on when they personally felt there love of the band maybe deteriorated a bit. Maybe it's listening to their songs less, thinking about them less, wondering what's going to happen next or even just how often you look at this forum etc. Really just your relationshipwith the band. Or maybe it's gone from strength to strength. Or maybe there was a big change of feeling back in 90' or 95'.

For me, this year has definetly seen a decline in my emotional attachment to the band. Nothing musically has replaced them though, I've just got other interests that has nothing to do with music. A shame really as music was a big part of my life for 20 years and now it's just a bit part in my life. Did anyone else feel there was a certain age or point in life where the band, or music in general, was just not important or anywhere near as important to them as it used to be?
Bobby that post is an absolute stoater. I'm hoping for your sake your taking the absolute piss with that one in a Chris Morris or Alan partridge sort of way.

"Emotional attachment", " Relationship with the band" ha! Maybe you need to speak to legendary Agony aunt Claire Reynar.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QvffxxhoBIk

The only surprise is Awful one never posted All For One first!
Last edited by rangers on Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: mushroom haircut and 1 guest