'Growing out' of the Roses

Stone Roses Discussion
Regan 2.0

Re: 'Growing out' of the Roses

Post by Regan 2.0 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:40 pm

Scott 4 wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:22 pm
I agree with rangers about the songwriting thing and especially Macca. For melodies he's virtually untouchable. 'Back Seat Of My Car' 'With A Little Luck' 'Junk/Singalong Junk' and 'Take It Away' being favourites of mine.

Abba had a similar eye (or is it ear?) for melodies. Two blokes who could write, two good looking birds who could sing. Fanny's yer auntie. ;)
Totally agree with you about Macca. Even on his later duff albums you can find annoyingly melodic tunes. Put it there, Jenny Wren, Dance Tonight, Here Today are all great tunes. The third Fireman album is also full of great tunes. I bought that for £3 a few years ago. What a bargain.

Good call on Back seat of my car. It's a shame he didn't have it ready to record around the time of Abbey Road.

apm

Post by apm » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:14 pm

Lovepedals wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:24 pm
I bet you a million pounds no one would be "growing out" of them if they even released a semi decent album. If they actually gave a flying fuck and told everyone what's going on, or what happened. Some kind of explanation for the shit show it all became. It's their fault. I don't even know if they deserved all the cash they made from the gigs. It all just seemed unrehearsed, sporadic, and such a let down!

"shake up the world"....my arse!

I know my posts all lean towards the negative, but that's just how I feel :cry:
I agree with you. Yet more disappointment from them.

candy_floss_girl

Post by candy_floss_girl » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:37 pm

Don't know if I have 'grown out of them'. I still love everything about the first album and that period. I'd say the present Roses are far less cool than their former selves, and as there's nothing going on at present, my focus has shifted on other artists and music.