Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:12 am
Shane fucking Meadows
pahaha

geoff ears

Re: Highlights of the Reunion

Post by geoff ears » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:09 pm

the cotton clouds wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:03 pm
Open the vaults, lads. Lets have all this footage out in the open....
would love the odds and sods of classic era footage to finally make it out. looking at the made of stone doc, there are some very interesting clips that i am sure we would all love to see. they are certainly sitting on some good stuff.

at 4mins 20 there is a brief clip from amsterdam 89 of ian playing bongos, then a shot of john.
at 32 mins there's the start of an interview with dutch tv, (presumably this was broadcast with the amsterdam footage as inserts.)
34 mins 28 there is a brief clip of reni and john from the spike island warm up gig in stockholm. very grainy and i cant tell if its super 8 or tv footage.
1 hour 14 mins, very brief shot of super 8 footage of mani on stage at glasgow green.
the un-broadcast quotes from the rapido interview at 3.51. how much more of this was there?
there is also the much music interview from canada in 95 at about 4 mins 55.

there is also the question of the london ica gig from 89. in the pics from the gig there is clearly a guy onstage with a camcorder. do they still have this footage? would be a proper holy grail to find that one.

outside of the band's control, but there is also the ally pally footage if it still exists, and if granada ever find the rest of it. (my understanding of that is that it was stolen en route to the archive, it may be under someones bed gathering dust.)

hacienda 89 was rumoured to be filmed in it's entirety, but the bbc's record with music archiving is not good, if it was ever even kept. to be fair, when it was filmed the band meant nothing, snub tv had 10 minutes of a show to fill, and once it was edited together and the time slot filled, it's unlikely they would keep the rest of a gig by an unknown band.

not holding me breath mind, but any of it would be very welcome. i half expected the full versions of the clips the band have control over to be extras on the dvd. shame they weren't.

kaustin7

Post by kaustin7 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:46 pm

Would love for them to open and share whatever is in their vault.
I'd definitely pay for a Gold leaf Boxset.

JSquire's Plectrum

Post by JSquire's Plectrum » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:18 pm

First time i saw/heard waterfall/dont stop
unbelievable! the little drum & bass bit of the post chorus/bridge bit of dnt stop live was something special. maybe my fav 5 seconds of live music, propulsive!

_Chimes_

Post by _Chimes_ » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:07 am

Heaton Park and the Etihad.

Didn't really care for Leeds, the band sounded great but I felt they were going through the motions - plus Ian and Reni clearly not wanting to breathe the same air let alone perform together.

Should have gone out on a high after the Etihad run in hindsight, oh well.