Ruined, Tarnished, Status Quo or Enhanced?

Stone Roses Discussion
thewiseman

Re: Ruined, Tarnished, Status Quo or Enhanced?

Post by thewiseman » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:45 pm

(Just waiting for someone to remind us all the this isn't a Beatles forum :mrgreen: )
If only we were in the position to be discussing The Stone Roses Anthology 1, let alone 3.

I sense that Mr Martin was being polite.

rangers

Post by rangers » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:43 pm

Yeah I'm not a fan of Jeff lynnes drum machine myself. Probably my only criticism of the flaming pie album. It's defo his signature though.

apm

Post by apm » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:16 am

made of scone wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:30 pm
RUINED, TARNISHED, RAPED, FLOGGED, DESTROYED.
AGREED!

Spiderman

Post by Spiderman » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:42 pm

Enhance by far.
Hundreds of thousands people have seen them live now being great.
They didn't have that in the past.

Manimanc

Post by Manimanc » Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:06 am

Not listened to the roses for getting on a month now, I've proper shown my arse with them.
Fuck em.

Lovepedals

Post by Lovepedals » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:45 pm

They fucked it all up....again. What a waste of talent. All they had to do was get in the studio and record something that wasn't shit.

Absolutely ruined IMO :(

Bobby_Saxophone_2.0

Post by Bobby_Saxophone_2.0 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:58 pm

Ruined...we still love em’ though....

Scott 4

Post by Scott 4 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:46 pm

IB once said that the Roses 'did a George Best' when they threw it away/ buggered it up the first time.
But not even Bestie did it twice.... :roll:

Regan 2.0

Post by Regan 2.0 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:03 am

Scott 4 wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:46 pm
IB once said that the Roses 'did a George Best' when they threw it away/ buggered it up the first time.
But not even Bestie did it twice.... :roll:
It's a shame that they didn't learn something after George Besting it the first time around.

They gave everyone a chance to dance between 2012 and 2017 but anyone who hoped for a 3rd album will have been left disappointed

Scott 4

Post by Scott 4 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:09 pm

I recall when the Roses cancelled their Glastonbury appearance, due to JS breaking his collarbone in a bike accident. The music press were narked at them anyway: 'Second Coming' got slaughtered in the NME, the band refused all interview requests and Reni had left. So when it came to the pulling out of Glastonbury the NME were cynical. They printed something like 'Nobody believes the Stone Roses any more'. I thought that it was harsh at the time, because JS was genuinely injured. But now I can see their point. A Reni-less Roses was not all that an exciting prospect anyway (one can imagine Maddix doing his 'Hands in the air!' thing at Glastonbury :roll: ). But another setback and another disappointment (after the five year wait , the continued -Big Issue aside - silence and Reni's departure) the NME probably just thought 'Fuck this! It's taking the piss!'.

In 2017 we are unfortunately in the same boat. A ludicrously long wait, a one sided below standard single with no promotion whatsoever, another better 12' (but still one sided) single (but again no promotion), doing some great gigs but the same greatest hits set with only one new song after five or six years, certain band members refusing to play 'Beautiful Thing', infighting and rows (again!). It is saddening but it is also ridiculous. If they ever do do another 'reunion' with the usual 'shake up the world' and 'new stuffs' bravado, people are just not going to believe it, and you can't blame them.