Mani selling a lot of equipment

Stone Roses Discussion
Scott 4

Re: Mani selling a lot of equipment

Post by Scott 4 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:47 pm

And IB saying 'boring' and 'corporate' is a bit rich. Not that the modern music scene isn't both of those things, but playing the same greatest hits set over a five year period is pretty boring. And advertising (rather sickening as far as I was concerned) 'Official 'Madchester :( :roll: ' aftershow parties (not to mention overuse of that bloody lemon!) stank of the Roses becoming a 'brand' and no different to any other 'corporate' act like the Stones or KISS....

All have a good Xmas... ;)

Bobby_Saxophone_2.0

Post by Bobby_Saxophone_2.0 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:46 pm

Scott 4 wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:47 pm
And IB saying 'boring' and 'corporate' is a bit rich. Not that the modern music scene isn't both of those things, but playing the same greatest hits set over a five year period is pretty boring. And advertising (rather sickening as far as I was concerned) 'Official 'Madchester :( :roll: ' aftershow parties (not to mention overuse of that bloody lemon!) stank of the Roses becoming a 'brand' and no different to any other 'corporate' act like the Stones or KISS....

I think the last thing the band wanted to be labelled as, first incarnation and perhaps for much of the reunion, was “boring”. It’s a pretty devastating word to use in music, art etc.

Merry Christmas.

trickydicky

Post by trickydicky » Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:32 am

Scott 4 wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:47 pm

Did the band (i.e. the band's Facebook page) promote the Madchester night or was it the venue itself? I'd always thought it was the latter. I still can't imagine the band would endorse a Madchester night in any way.

Hampden In June

Post by Hampden In June » Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:52 am

They let us down, but life goes on.

Merry Christmas everyone 8-)

jackboot

Post by jackboot » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:24 am

Raeganîo wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:10 pm
I can't believe someone spent £8000 on that beaten up piece of crap.
I'm not sure if you understand the price of guitars - as just a Fender Custom Shop Relic it's probably worth $4-5k. Then add the fact that it has hand-wound pickups which also boosts the value. Also you can assume that as Squire owned the guitar, that it was probably built by one of the 'known' Fender Custom Shop master builders which also adds a value (collectors pay premiums to have a guitar built by certain people). Then add the fact it was owned by Squire. I could easily see it being $10k+.

Here is the same guitar for $5k without the John Squire factor.
https://www.andertons.co.uk/guitar-dept ... 1510056829

Honestly, I would have paid that for it if I hadn't missed the sale :cry: