They're kind of pathetic

Stone Roses Discussion
Northern Guy

They're kind of pathetic

Post by Northern Guy » Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:10 am

It's now been 8 years and two months since Ian Brown was involved in the release of a new album.

It's now been almost 14 years since John Squire was involved in the release of a new album.

It's now been 23 years since Reni was involved in the release of a new album.

Let's put this into perspective, shall we?

The time since Brown released his last long-player is the same time as between The Beatles' recording "Love Me Do" and their final album, Abbey Road.

The time since Squire released his last long-player is the same time as between The Beatles' recording "Love Me Do" and Paul McCartney releasing Wings at the Speed of Sound and "Silly Love Songs".

The time since Reni released his last long-player is the same time as between The Beatles' recording "Love Me Do" and Paul McCartney singing "Let It Be" at Live Aid. It's also the same time as between the end of the First World War and the Japanese attacking Pearl Harbor in the middle of World War II.

What a sad, sad waste of talent and the chance to establish a stronger legacy.

kaustin7

Re: They're kind of pathetic

Post by kaustin7 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:23 am

Merry Christmas!

It is clear that they cannot stand to be around one another. Tragic loss of creative possibilities.

Regan 2.0

Post by Regan 2.0 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:43 am

Northern Guy wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:10 am
It's now been 8 years and two months since Ian Brown was involved in the release of a new album.

It's now been almost 14 years since John Squire was involved in the release of a new album.

It's now been 23 years since Reni was involved in the release of a new album.

Let's put this into perspective, shall we?

The time since Brown released his last long-player is the same time as between The Beatles' recording "Love Me Do" and their final album, Abbey Road.

The time since Squire released his last long-player is the same time as between The Beatles' recording "Love Me Do" and Paul McCartney releasing Wings at the Speed of Sound and "Silly Love Songs".

The time since Reni released his last long-player is the same time as between The Beatles' recording "Love Me Do" and Paul McCartney singing "Let It Be" at Live Aid. It's also the same time as between the end of the First World War and the Japanese attacking Pearl Harbor in the middle of World War II.

What a sad, sad waste of talent and the chance to establish a stronger legacy.
Move on man.

Happy Christmas.

Bobby_Saxophone_2.0

Post by Bobby_Saxophone_2.0 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:52 pm

Brown has a solo career to be proud of and is probably happy with his overall output. Reni probably doesn’t look at anything to do with his musical output as a “waste” so he probably isn’t bothered about lack of output. Mani has a a lot to be happy with too. Squires lack of anything new in a long time is a bit strange but then he was maybe just as invested in his painting than anything to do with music. So we might cry “waste” but it’s maybe irrelevant.

Jord

Post by Jord » Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:40 pm

It is pathetic, and a waste. It's also done though, time to move on long ago.The main reason I'm sore about the way it ended is the waste of musicianship that Mani, John & Reni have together, no less the fact that one of the greatest drummer of our times is not documenting anything on record, just a hermit.

They have their reasons though, and it is what it is. We can sit here and repeat these views for an eternity and it won't change shit. I won't get any deeper with my views as I've posted it all before. Let's just hope Ian puts a great new record out, even though I never liked his solo output at least one of the guys will remain active musically.

On a lighter note, Merry Christmas to all forumers!

ChickenDinner

Post by ChickenDinner » Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:20 pm

Northern Guy, you let it all out.........we’re here for you bro. 8-)

ChickenDinner

Post by ChickenDinner » Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:23 pm

kaustin7 wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:23 am

It is clear that they cannot stand to be around one another.
Is it though?

Are you just referring to Brown and Reni............or............?

f0olsgold

Post by f0olsgold » Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:46 pm

there are some sad sad bastards on here

Bobby_Saxophone_2.0

Post by Bobby_Saxophone_2.0 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:07 pm

f0olsgold wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:46 pm
there are some sad sad bastards on here
No Merry Christmas?

Hampden In June

Post by Hampden In June » Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:55 pm

They spent many years making the debut album, and it took them slightly less for the follow up. The time its taken them to make new music since reunion is no great surprise, must of been a bummer for Squire to not get the chance to play that awesome guitar solo on BT :?