elephant stone sessions out-take

Stone Roses Discussion
ruskprick

Re: elephant stone sessions out-take

Post by ruskprick » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:35 am

bootlegwanter wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:29 pm
this motherfucker has the glasgow green soundboard recording?
No, that's not what he said.

Northern Guy

Post by Northern Guy » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:27 am

bootlegwanter wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:29 pm
this motherfucker has the glasgow green soundboard recording? why hasnt he released it to the public? whats the purpose of keeping to yourself you greedy bastard
I was hopeful that with the Roses finally giving up on real new material we'd suddenly see the official release of some of this stuff. I mean, I cannot fathom why they haven't issued Glasgow Green 1990 or Manchester 1995 or some compilation of live stuff. It would be easy money for them, a guaranteed catalogue-seller, and would also remind people of how great they could be live.

Either they're still under the illusion that they're an active group in 2018, or there is some chance of an official release of 2013-2017 live stuff, or something, that's holding this up. Frankly, I'm not arsed about reunion era releases; I'd rather listen to the old stuff, but the Roses may be hoping for a live video/album of the reunion to top-off their pension funds.

rangers

Post by rangers » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:34 pm

I enjoy listening to crimson tonight pretty much for john it has to be said. But they could definetly top that with the live material they have amassed since then. I wonder what's stopping them. I'm sure it would sell. Doesn't have to be a full album.

thewiseman

Post by thewiseman » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:42 am

It'll happen at some point - along with more live dates - when the funds get depleted. Mark my words.

Surely someone will licence Second Coming from Geffen at some point as well and stick that out with extra tracks.