Reni, Pete and Andy video

Stone Roses Discussion
Scott 4

Reni, Pete and Andy video

Post by Scott 4 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:22 pm

Has anyone else seen this video of Reni and Pete Garner being interviewed together about Martin Hannett?
Andy Couzens and original Roses manager, Howard Jones, also appear.

https://soundhound.com/?ar=200576495186891407

Mr.Dellicious

Re: Reni, Pete and Andy video

Post by Mr.Dellicious » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:22 pm

yeah...Chillin' in Reni's back garden. :D

geoff ears

Post by geoff ears » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:31 pm

it was from a mid 90's granada tv tribute to martin hannett, think it was half an hour long?
remember watching it, but i must have missed the start, so i didn't see the captions with peoples names on. it took me ages to realise it was reni behind the beard.

there was also a story in there from reni thats not in the youtube clip, about how martin had bought a microwave oven for the studio during his session with the roses, and they spent ages putting eggs in it and watching them explode.

thomas

Post by thomas » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:03 am

geoff ears wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:31 pm
it was from a mid 90's granada tv tribute to martin hannett, think it was half an hour long?
remember watching it, but i must have missed the start, so i didn't see the captions with peoples names on. it took me ages to realise it was reni behind the beard.

there was also a story in there from reni thats not in the youtube clip, about how martin had bought a microwave oven for the studio during his session with the roses, and they spent ages putting eggs in it and watching them explode.
I read about them living off cheese on toast (from the fabled microwave oven), McDonald's milkshakes and a speed/heroin mix common at the time during the garage flower sessions. Can't remember where I read it though..
Glesga '13
Council house stadium '16