The Stone Roses 2018 Events and News Thread.

Stone Roses Discussion
Scott 4

Re: The Stone Roses 2018 Events and News Thread.

Post by Scott 4 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:28 pm

When George Harrison was approached by a journalist in late 1970 (after the 'McCartney' album and its now infamous aftermath) George was asked 'What will happen now Paul has left The Beatles?' Harrison replied (with typical Beatle/Scouse humour), 'I suppose we'll have to get another bass player'. Can anyone imagine the fuss and speculation if Squire said something similar, and joked about getting another drummer? It would be hilarious. All the 'in the know' Twitter pricks would be throwing names and mythical auditions about like shite off a shovel... :roll: ;)

the cotton clouds

Post by the cotton clouds » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:46 am

Where's the fella gone who had all the gossip about backstage antics last year?
Can't remember if it was only on the old forum or not.
Anyone recall?

JSquire's Plectrum

Post by JSquire's Plectrum » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:01 pm

watched the MSG gig again on youtube.
ah.. what a shame it all went tits up :(

eviltimeban

Post by eviltimeban » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:38 am

The silence!!!!!

What is going on? It's not long till March and we've had no word of anything, no Ian solo album, nothing from Mani or John, NOTHING. Now, that might be a good thing, it might means there's stuff going on in the background. If Ian was making a solo album, surely someone would've spotted him working, or he would have made some kind of announcement about it.

At least they are better than the Smashing Pumpkins, who are reuniting for a tour with 3/4 of the original line up. The fourth member has had a big rant online and shared private text messages etc. At least the Roses aren't doing that.

rangers

Post by rangers » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:22 pm

the beards man, the beards

rangers

Post by rangers » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:28 pm

the cotton clouds wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:46 am
Anyone recall?
I'm sure that was antifisean. He was sound m8. I don't think he would deliberately troll or mislead. I think he still logs on now and then.

I'm trying to think of the other poster who only logged on now and then but was always pretty much bang on the money with his info, his posts were great. Pretty much everything he said was correct. Also got the impression he only gave enough info to let us know and not make himself look good. He didn't want to let down his source either or make anybody look bad.
What the fuck was his name?

And obviously banjaxer was a complete cock

kaustin7

Post by kaustin7 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:37 pm

eviltimeban wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:38 am
The silence!!!!!

What is going on? It's not long till March and we've had no word of anything, no Ian solo album, nothing from Mani or John, NOTHING. Now, that might be a good thing, it might means there's stuff going on in the background. If Ian was making a solo album, surely someone would've spotted him working, or he would have made some kind of announcement about it.

At least they are better than the Smashing Pumpkins, who are reuniting for a tour with 3/4 of the original line up. The fourth member has had a big rant online and shared private text messages etc. At least the Roses aren't doing that.
Ian was spotted outside of a studio in the past several months. Perhaps it was before the holidays. I can't remember which studio but somebody posted a picture with him on the The Stone Roses Fans Page on Facebook. He was working on a solo record that rumors suggest will be out in the next month or so.

jblack

Post by jblack » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:30 pm

rangers wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:28 pm
the cotton clouds wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:46 am
Anyone recall?
I'm sure that was antifisean. He was sound m8. I don't think he would deliberately troll or mislead. I think he still logs on now and then.

I'm trying to think of the other poster who only logged on now and then but was always pretty much bang on the money with his info, his posts were great. Pretty much everything he said was correct. Also got the impression he only gave enough info to let us know and not make himself look good. He didn't want to let down his source either or make anybody look bad.
What the fuck was his name?
TuffGong79. Pretty sure he has been around here. Some people know his actual name (from FB group apparently)

nebristolred

Post by nebristolred » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:35 pm

Yeah it's kind of sad we're not hearing anything :( . Even if it's an IB solo record and an interview or two to accompany it, it would be great just to hear some sort of news.

I'm likely heading to Benicassim this year, and with the excitement of hearing about potential acts/headliners it's gutting to not even have the faint hope of looking out for the Roses again. Anyone reckon Ian might be on the festival circuit this summer or is he leaving it a bit late?

**** :( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zW4TetY0bDM

eviltimeban

Post by eviltimeban » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:19 am

nebristolred wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:35 pm
Yeah it's kind of sad we're not hearing anything :( . Even if it's an IB solo record and an interview or two to accompany it, it would be great just to hear some sort of news.

I'm likely heading to Benicassim this year, and with the excitement of hearing about potential acts/headliners it's gutting to not even have the faint hope of looking out for the Roses again. Anyone reckon Ian might be on the festival circuit this summer or is he leaving it a bit late?

**** :( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zW4TetY0bDM
Late. Most big festivals have their line ups sorted. Unless he's already confirmed but they are delaying announcing his appearances.