Such a Shame That There Are no Posts pre May 2017 (When the forum messed up)

Stone Roses Discussion
Awful One

Such a Shame That There Are no Posts pre May 2017 (When the forum messed up)

Post by Awful One » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:08 pm

Feels like we have lost a really useful historical record of events from 2011-2016.

I know nothing can really be done, but I quite fancied perusing through the Warrington / Barcelona / Amsterdam posts just now and of course there's nothing.

Ah well

Peace

the cotton clouds

Re: Such a Shame That There Are no Posts pre May 2017 (When the forum messed up)

Post by the cotton clouds » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:15 pm

Agreed! Massive shame.

Bobby_Saxophone_2.0

Re: Such a Shame That There Are no Posts pre May 2017 (When the forum messed up)

Post by Bobby_Saxophone_2.0 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:18 pm

I’m not personally. Not good for the sanity....

Manimanc

Post by Manimanc » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:34 pm

...never return to a lit firework...

made of scone

Post by made of scone » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:45 pm

It's a damn shame. I'd love to dig up all those posts where people laughed at me when I said there would be no new album, or called me a troll because I was the first to admit that All For One was absolutely useless.

rangers

Post by rangers » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:54 pm

I agree.
Quite ironic it self combusted the same time as roses.
Seemed to have lost a few decent posters as well. Shebangs89, even the original regan. Never totally agreed with him but a character none the less. And he defo contributed.

One love

FarageGlower

Post by FarageGlower » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:33 pm

Here you go..

“Obviously what has occurred is that the event horizon has collapsed in upon itself and we are all experiencing ourselves and each other in unison, from all perspectives simultaneously. We are a singularity. We are, if you will, all for one. It's a beautiful thing.

Moments ago I wrote an excited post about conspiracies and how really we are all bubbles of consciousness existing within a chronologically detached kaleidoscope of meta vibration, controlled by a cabal of multinational secret handshakers. But then I quoted the dictionary at myself and realised I didn't really know what kaleidoscope or chronological meant because I was hard of thinking.

Shortly after that, or maybe it was before, I recommended an achingly cool new band to myself who I had seen at an arcane and obscure hipster venue, certainly too cool for the likes of me to be interested in anyway. Unfortunately, and fortunately I was playing tennis at the time and so missed it. This caused me to call myself a disloyal cunt and to question whether I was even a real fan despite my extensive evidential input.

This led almost instantly, over several years, to an argument about whether an album would ever be forthcoming - I said it would be thirdcoming, but i failed to be impressed by my narcissistic lexical display - despite it's obvious brilliance, and opted to believe I was merely a conceited ass.

While I was doing this, I trawled Facebook and Twitter to find out what I might think about things if they were happening, but they weren't. So I didn't.

Meanwhile, I logged out to find I was still logged in. Only this time I was harassing a random brass instrumentalist with horned satire. I saw the funny side of this from all directions and laughed upon each side of my face.

Fearing I was loosing my immutable self, I logged in once again. Only to find that I was already logged in under two separate accounts and that as a moderator I had in fact banned myself from logging in, due to my quarrelsome and profane tendencies. I felt an overwhelming urge to swear at myself in Italian, but I thought better of it due to the dignity and responsibility of my position and the fact that I didnea ken no Italian no' anyway by the way.

Throughout this episode, and quite inexplicably, I generally conceived myself to be two distinct selves, each abroad and at liberty within their own sentient domains. The perverse part being however, that neither of them was me.

I both loved and hated Oasis just as I couldn't care less. I could sing out all of the words in drunken laddish abandon, just as I could hear every stolen phrase and empty word salad - play acting at meaning like a kid wearing her mums make up.

Finally, out of sheer desperation and casting all reason to the winds, I settled upon one further spin on the magic roundabout and I logged in again.

And lo, upon this occasion the fates saw fit to reward my tenacity with success, and I found myself to be a quite beautiful and soulful Mexican girl.”

jblack

Post by jblack » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:13 pm

FarageGlower wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:33 pm
Here you go..

“Obviously what has occurred is that the event horizon has collapsed in upon itself and we are all experiencing ourselves and each other in unison, from all perspectives simultaneously. We are a singularity. We are, if you will, all for one. It's a beautiful thing.

Moments ago I wrote an excited post about conspiracies and how really we are all bubbles of consciousness existing within a chronologically detached kaleidoscope of meta vibration, controlled by a cabal of multinational secret handshakers. But then I quoted the dictionary at myself and realised I didn't really know what kaleidoscope or chronological meant because I was hard of thinking.

Shortly after that, or maybe it was before, I recommended an achingly cool new band to myself who I had seen at an arcane and obscure hipster venue, certainly too cool for the likes of me to be interested in anyway. Unfortunately, and fortunately I was playing tennis at the time and so missed it. This caused me to call myself a disloyal cunt and to question whether I was even a real fan despite my extensive evidential input.

This led almost instantly, over several years, to an argument about whether an album would ever be forthcoming - I said it would be thirdcoming, but i failed to be impressed by my narcissistic lexical display - despite it's obvious brilliance, and opted to believe I was merely a conceited ass.

While I was doing this, I trawled Facebook and Twitter to find out what I might think about things if they were happening, but they weren't. So I didn't.

Meanwhile, I logged out to find I was still logged in. Only this time I was harassing a random brass instrumentalist with horned satire. I saw the funny side of this from all directions and laughed upon each side of my face.

Fearing I was loosing my immutable self, I logged in once again. Only to find that I was already logged in under two separate accounts and that as a moderator I had in fact banned myself from logging in, due to my quarrelsome and profane tendencies. I felt an overwhelming urge to swear at myself in Italian, but I thought better of it due to the dignity and responsibility of my position and the fact that I didnea ken no Italian no' anyway by the way.

Throughout this episode, and quite inexplicably, I generally conceived myself to be two distinct selves, each abroad and at liberty within their own sentient domains. The perverse part being however, that neither of them was me.

I both loved and hated Oasis just as I couldn't care less. I could sing out all of the words in drunken laddish abandon, just as I could hear every stolen phrase and empty word salad - play acting at meaning like a kid wearing her mums make up.

Finally, out of sheer desperation and casting all reason to the winds, I settled upon one further spin on the magic roundabout and I logged in again.

And lo, upon this occasion the fates saw fit to reward my tenacity with success, and I found myself to be a quite beautiful and soulful Mexican girl.”
I didn't have a digital copy, but I do have this framed in my reading room.