Second Coming - Schroeder Mix?

Ask away and the team will do their best to answer.
lazyitus

Second Coming - Schroeder Mix?

Post by lazyitus » Mon May 15, 2017 7:26 pm

Did anyone have a go at cleaning up the Schroeder mix? Like some kind of amateur remastering? It seems like I saw some talk of trying to adjust the levels and fade out Tears before the abrupt ending. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Thanks

paul
Site Admin

Re: Second Coming - Schroeder Mix?

Post by paul » Mon May 15, 2017 7:47 pm

lazyitus wrote:
Mon May 15, 2017 7:26 pm
Did anyone have a go at cleaning up the Schroeder mix? Like some kind of amateur remastering? It seems like I saw some talk of trying to adjust the levels and fade out Tears before the abrupt ending. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Thanks
I think the guy who cleaned up SSS and other tracks thought about it but I'm not sure if he got around to it.

I split it into tracks, cut out the distorted bit of that one track but that's as far as I got!

lazyitus

Post by lazyitus » Tue May 16, 2017 2:23 pm

What program do you use?

I used to mess around with some home recording studio stuff on the computer but it's been years and I don't have anything like that installed.

paul
Site Admin

Post by paul » Tue May 16, 2017 7:09 pm

Mainly just Audacity for editing. Total Recorder is great for recording any streaming audio.

Mcc

Post by Mcc » Fri May 19, 2017 10:59 am

can I ask as a noob?
How are you able to separate out the tracks in order to re-master or 're-mix' the end product?
If you're only dealing with one audio file, how is this possible?
Cheers

paul
Site Admin

Post by paul » Fri May 19, 2017 11:59 am

Sorry, I sounded like I was being technical there, apologies :oops: I just meant I edited the two original files into individual tracks.

stoned love

Post by stoned love » Sat May 20, 2017 12:39 am

Hey there

Am interested in this as a project.

I was doing the Roses Remasters blog a year or two ago and did the SSS rework Paul mentioned amongst other bits, things sort of ground to a halt in part due to other commitments/ family- and because my interest in the band tends to vary in its intensity -having been a fan since 89 I go through roses 'phases'' (I'm sure others can relate) - same with the Smiths/ Beatles...

But I'm game if anyone wants to pm me best quality audio- wav ideally- I have the MP3 I think ...not sure if there is wav though publically available.?

Still got the 'in the studio' content to finish also and something else on the back burner....

If the guy that bought the SSS reel wants to send me a rip of that... I'm all over it ..I live in hope...

lazyitus

Post by lazyitus » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:56 pm

My copy is wma but I think that is not as good as wav. ?