Can't sell my Leeds standing tickets?

Live Gigs, Tour Dates, Photos, Links to videos.
savski

Can't sell my Leeds standing tickets?

Post by savski » Thu May 18, 2017 9:05 am

I spontaneously bought Stone Roses standing tickets for the Leeds gig on Tuesday 20. I live in Switzerland and now realised the reality of actually getting over there isn't going to work out for various work and family reasons. So I just checked on the Ticketmaster website and they they take back tickets for all the UK venues EXCEPT Leeds for some bizarre reason.

The problem is that these tickets have my name on them and it clearly states in my purchase confirmation email that the attendee must have photo ID in order to get into the venue.

So if Ticketmaster don't take them back and I can't go myself it leaves me with the option to flog them to somebody through the viaGogo or similar site but I'm struggling with my conscience about that as the buyers may not even get in. Strange thing is that lots of other people are selling through those sites.

Do any of you know how people get in without the photo ID?

Cheers,
Savski

made of scone

Re: Can't sell my Leeds standing tickets?

Post by made of scone » Thu May 18, 2017 4:10 pm

I highly doubt they will be checking I.D on the night.

Even for smaller gigs I've been to they've not bothered. Can't see an arena wasting time checking peoples I.D, they will be more concerned with security getting into the venue.

EasyPeasy

Re: Can't sell my Leeds standing tickets?

Post by EasyPeasy » Tue May 23, 2017 7:31 pm

savski wrote:
Thu May 18, 2017 9:05 am
it leaves me with the option to flog them to somebody through the viaGogo or similar site
Can I suggest Twickets.. https://www.twickets.live/?territory=GB

Its strictly face value or less and not for profit. I've managed to sell and buy a few times on there on and has been a good experience.