Marlay Park sound check

Stone Roses Discussion
Post Reply
Jimmy Lambeth
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 7:12 pm

Marlay Park sound check

Post by Jimmy Lambeth » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:32 pm

Stumbled across this on YouTube and not seen it before, or seen it mentioned here before. Not exactly a new song, but something different:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQGdPi0xIpQ

Table Top Joe
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:31 am

Re: Marlay Park sound check

Post by Table Top Joe » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:05 pm

Sounds like a very poor attempt at "Sweet Jane" to be honest


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkumhBVPGdg

jblack
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed May 17, 2017 11:12 am

Re: Marlay Park sound check

Post by jblack » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:27 pm

Table Top Joe wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:05 pm
Sounds like a very poor attempt at "Sweet Jane" to be honest


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkumhBVPGdg
Indeed it is Sweet Jane, probably a stream-of-consciousness from the Elephant Stone intro, which is a cousin of Sweet Jane by way of Won't Get Fooled Again.

But the YouTube recommendations pointed me to this much more surprising bit: Mani trying to drag the band through 'Good Times' by Chic. John and Reni are having none of it, mind, and play it like it was a Van Halen b-side. But I love the idea of Mani taking the lead like that and playing some disco. Good on ya Gary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wC5oVhnJ6sw

jblack
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed May 17, 2017 11:12 am

Re: Marlay Park sound check

Post by jblack » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:29 pm

jblack wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:27 pm
Table Top Joe wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:05 pm
Sounds like a very poor attempt at "Sweet Jane" to be honest


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkumhBVPGdg
Indeed it is Sweet Jane, probably a stream-of-consciousness from the Elephant Stone intro, which is a cousin of Sweet Jane by way of Won't Get Fooled Again.

But the YouTube recommendations pointed me to this much more surprising bit: Mani trying to drag the band through 'Good Times' by Chic. John and Reni are having none of it, mind, and play it like it was a Van Halen b-side. But I love the idea of Mani taking the lead like that and playing some disco. Good on ya Gary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wC5oVhnJ6sw
Oh, and extra funny that he appears to be doing it as a follow-up to Sweet Home Alabama (at the very beginning of the clip).

eviltimeban
Posts: 101
Joined: Tue May 16, 2017 8:44 am

Re: Marlay Park sound check

Post by eviltimeban » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:16 am

You play any old shite when you're setting up for a gig.
Image

0800666ohyeah
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue May 16, 2017 11:21 am

Re: Marlay Park sound check

Post by 0800666ohyeah » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:52 am

eviltimeban wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:16 am
You play any old shite when you're setting up for a gig.
yup they are just messing about, just interesting to hear them play something else!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest