From Crucifixion To Resurrection by Paul Stevens - ORDER NOW

Don't Stop... isn't it funny how you shine?

Moderators: Admin, Mods

From Crucifixion To Resurrection by Paul Stevens - ORDER NOW

Postby paul » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:40 pm

I've mentioned this elsewhere on the forum and on the site's facebook page but I thought that I'd just stick it here for anyone who's interested.

I first started writing a book in 2004 but the idea behind it has always been to cover the events that lead up to a reunion and because one was never insight, I was never heavily inspired to invest any real time with it... and soon as the October events occured I was inspired and got to work.

My book (title to be announced shortly) is largely about the Roses but concentrating events up from Second Coming (as so many have covered the early days) following the band as they fell apart and tracking what each of them did individually on their own paths which ultimately lead them back together. So it's sort of like a full book version of my Road To The Reunion, combined with my own story of how the band/music have always played a part in my life to hopefully give it some extra depth from a fan's point of view.

I plan to end it after the Heaton Park gigs so I can really tell the story of the current build up. I've also approached some people for interviews (not the Roses themselves at this stage) I've had six people accept and had a couple returned so far, I intend to work their responses into my story and give even more insight. I'm midway through my 2nd draft and I've just hit 60,000 words so I'm definitely in the mindset that this will be completed in time. Hopefully I'll do a good enough job to make an interesting read as it would be amazing to the shops but it's certainly a challenge anyway and I look forward to finishing it and being able to say "I've written a book"

Cheers, Paul.
Image Image Image Image Image Image

Image Image
paul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: My Stone Roses Book

Postby Zander » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:41 pm

Wow - can't wait to read it. Something that won't be going over a well trodden path...
ImageImageImageImageImage
Zander
Local
Local

Postby fullfathomfive » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:16 pm

Deleted.
Last edited by fullfathomfive on Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fullfathomfive
Local
Local

Postby candy_floss_girl » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:22 pm

You already know my thoughts on this, paul :wink:
candy_floss_girl
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Screamadelica » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:23 pm

How do you intend to publish it?
Screamadelica
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Regan » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:27 pm

Sounds good. And if you need an editor, let me know...
Regan
Local
Local

Postby paul » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:48 pm

Thanks for the early interest people!

Zander wrote:Wow - can't wait to read it. Something that won't be going over a well trodden path...

Cheers Zander, much appreciated. That is my hope in all this, I will do my best to do it justice and hopefully provide an interesting read for all fans!

candy_floss_girl wrote:You already know my thoughts on this, paul :wink:

Cheers Candy, your comments so far have been very much appreciated!

Screamadelica wrote:How do you intend to publish it?

I intend to circulate it to publishers after completing my 2nd (or 3rd) draft. Along with a press release detailing my background, who I was able to interview and the site's typical traffic (which is at a record high), etc. If noone bites at all, I'll have a stab at self-publishing it as an e-book.

Regan wrote:Sounds good. And if you need an editor, let me know...

Do you do much editing then? As I may well need one at some point as this is obviously my very first (and possibly last) attempt at anything like this.
Image Image Image Image Image Image

Image Image
paul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby nick » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:17 am

Fair play for getting out there doing this- exciting stuff. I think good spell checking is pretty key.
nick
Local
Local

Postby kittenbomb » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:29 am

Sign me up for five advance copies! I know what I'm giving my musician friends for Christmas!

I can't believe you've made so much progress, Paul. I guess you've been carrying that book around in your head for a long time now. 8-) Can't wait to read it.
kittenbomb
Local
Local

Postby localriot » Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:34 am

So it will be about the SC tour, the break up, solo careers then up to Heaton park? Sounds like a good read. Is there a bit about Ian's jail time?
I can see the love and the hate in your eyes
localriot
Local
Local

Postby ferkh10 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:36 am

I think this is great. I've read all of the roses books and to be honest I wasn't impressed with any. Too much third hand info, waaay too much info on contractual wranglings with lawyers as opposed to concentrating on the music and the band.
I'm sure I'll buy the updated John robb book as well as war and peace, but a fans perspective of the reunion and how the roses have made a personal impact to someone's life appeals to me much more.

As a lifelong roses fan and collector of roses stuff, I'd like to offer my help in any other interviews or fans thoughts that you may require. Secondly, a very good friend of mine is a lifelong PR man and is currently the MD of a London based PR company. He also a massive roses man himself. I'd be happy to put you in contact with him to see if he could help in any way. Would prefer via PM if you wanted to take me up on either offer.

Otherwise, very best of luck and I'll look forward to reading!
ferkh10
Local
Local

Postby candy_floss_girl » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:48 am

You made fantastic progress on this, Paul and I like your enthusiasm. It'll be a smashing read. I'm pre-ordering my copy :wink:
candy_floss_girl
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby shakermaker88 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:44 pm

Looking forward to reading something by a real fan!

You shouldnt have too much problem getting it published, you have a sizeable fanbase from Roses fans who know them well enough to want to find out the stuff that hasnt been written before.
shakermaker88
Local
Local

Postby Turns_into_stone » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:57 pm

Congrats :).the talent amongst members here is amazing :)
Turns_into_stone
Local
Local

Postby coolgold89 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:08 pm

shakermaker88 wrote:Looking forward to reading something by a real fan!

You shouldnt have too much problem getting it published, you have a sizeable fanbase from Roses fans who know them well enough to want to find out the stuff that hasnt been written before.

yes...but is anyone brave enough to tell the truth?

it's a pity that there are people that've worked with the roses since the 80's that don't do a book,they have an amazing story to tell

it's good if you get paul doing a book from a fan's point of view as i'm sure it'll be a great and interesting read from a true fan but whether anyone will add any real impact i don't know.

i suppose we'll have to wait for the roses to do books in the future until we can set the record straight.
Last edited by coolgold89 on Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
coolgold89
Local
Local

Next

Return to The Stone Roses